Friday, October 7, 2011

Lazy Arcata Days

Call me crazy, but I have been missing the slow-paced and simple lifestyle of Humboldt County.  I guess I had grown accustom to it and had not even realized.  I miss being able to wake up, go to Farmers Market, make breakfast, and then see where the day would take me (whether it was a day of laundry with the roomies or an adventure out to Moonstone beach to kick a ball around).  I do NOT miss the rain however.  It's suppose to be getting colder here in Madrid pretty soon, good thing I brought my p-coat!  I get nostalgic listening to the Expendables or Sublime, I don't know what I would have done without my I-Pod here.  Today we went on our second and last excursion provided by USAC to Chincon and La Mancha, where Don Quijote is based off of.  The bus rides are at least an hour long, so listening to my I-Pod is a must!  I love just looking out the window at the scenery and dozing off into lala land.  I listened to a lot of Jack Johnson today thanks to Watson who bought me one of his cds. 

My 21st is coming up, this Monday to be exact!  Tomorrow I plan on having a picnic with some friends a the gorgeous Retiro park right next to my house.  I want to adventure out to the boats on the lake as well, it's pretty cheap and holds 4 people a boat supposedly, although they look kind of small.  I should finally be able to see Kimi again tomorrow as well!  I can't believe I have only seen that girl once in the month that I have been here.  Sunday I'm not sure what I'm doing, either an amusement park or something else.  Monday is the Thai dinner night!  Me and however many people want to go are going to get dinner at this Thai restaraunt I found about 20 minutes from my house near the downtown area, I made sure they have Thai ice tea-crucial! 

I forgot what I was going to write about next...oh yea!  I've been getting these crazy moments where reality hits me in this strange way, it's hard to explain.  I will be having a conversation with someone and I'll say something like "well we are in Europe" and then my brain will freeze and I'll think to myself "wait, yea, I AM in Europe aren't I?"  Crazy little moments that are exhilirating and a bit intense.  I've gotten them before in normal everyday situations back in the states,  it's just crazy to be in another country with this entirely different reality surrounding me. 

I can't wait to venture off into other countries, first on the list is Italy!  I have to cut this entry short though, and without photographs because I am heading out into the streets of Madrid once more, and we'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment