Friday, December 16, 2011

Hasta Luego

I'm all packed up, room is empty minus a stack of books I'm leaving here for the next USAC student.  I had to throw a few things away to make room, and will probably have to throw a couple more things away.  Many of the USAC students are a plane back to their homes, scattered around the states.  There are a few that I am really going to miss, who really made this trip the best it could have been...you guys know who you are.  The last trip to London and Amsterdam was a good way to end things, for now.  It's not the end, there are so many more adventures to be had.  I'm not good at goodbyes, because I always try to end them with "I'll see you in..." or just some type of temporary closure, even if I know I'm not going to see them ever again.  It just feels so fake to say it, but I don't know how to say goodbye forever, which is why I always take the alternative route and make "arrangements" to meet again. 

Although I am here for another three weeks, the fact that everyone I have been around for the past 3 1/2 months is leaving, makes it hard.  There are a few still here, and I'll spend my time with them of course.  It will be a new experience being here without the compfort of the USACers, but that's reality.  It'll be a good experience and show me how it will be when I return to Spain.  It won't be the same, there won't be the group of us, no Rey Juan Carlos, no USAC staff, etc. but that's something I've realized and am expecting these next three weeks as well as when I return to Spain. 

The next three weeks are going to be awesome, I'll have about a week just in Madrid to take everything in for one last time.  Eat at certain restaurants, visit museums, Retiro, maybe a day trip or to out of the city, and just walk around this city I've come to call my home.  I have friends coming into town as well, super excited!  New Years here will be amazing, and sad because by that time I'll only have a few days left.  I'm off now, out of this apartment where I've been living for quite some time.  Very surreal feeling...

No comments:

Post a Comment